The 54th session of the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights was held from 22 October to 5 November 2013 in Banjul, The Gambia.
This issue of Kumulika - our analytical publication on the ACHPR - covers key developments at the 54th session and the NGO Forum which preceded it, including in relation to
- the human rights situations in Gabon and Cameroon
- the situation and protection of women human rights defenders and defenders working on issues of sexual orientation and gender identity
- the participation of NGOs and national human rights institutions in the work of the Commission
- reports of the Commission's Special Rapporteurs and Working Groups
- particular human rights issues and situations of concern, including in the areas of migrant rights, the rights of persons with disability, business and human rights, and accountability for violations of international criminal law.
ISHR thanks Irish Aid for its support for the publication of Kumulika.