Women human rights defenders are crucial agents and leaders of change.
However, due to their gender, they face particular obstacles and security risks. What are these gendered obstacles and risks? How can women human rights defenders best be supported and protected by States and other actors?
ISHR, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and the Permanent Mission of Norway invite you to join our virtual event on the side of the Human Rights Council's 49th session: Supporting women human rights defenders in conflict and post-conflict situations.
Tuesday 8 March 2022
11:30am - 12:30pm (CET)
Please join the meeting here.
- Pekka Haavisto, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Finland
- Mary Lawlor, UN Special Rapporteur on the Situation of Human Rights Defenders
- Ilwad Elman, Director of Program & Development, Elman Peace & Human Rights Centre
- Horia Mosadiq, Human rights activist and Executive Director, Conflict Analysis Network (CAN)
- Pooja Patel, Programme Director, International Service for Human Rights
- Heidi Hautala, Vice-President, Member of Parliament, European Parliament
The event will be held in English.
You are welcome to join this discussion! Click here to join!