ISHR is firmly committed to having a diverse team and to the principle of equal employment opportunity. ISHR’s policy is to practice fair and non-discriminatory recruitment and selection procedures and strive for diverse, international and multicultural personnel.
We welcome all kinds of diversity. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction including on grounds of race, colour, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or sex characteristics, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, socio-economic status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We particularly welcome applications from systematically, historically and/or traditionally discriminated against groups, including women, persons of colour, LGBTIQ+ persons, persons with disabilities and other groups.
Paid Fellowship for People of African Descent (Contingent upon funding)
ISHR is offering a full-time 10-month paid Fellowship to People of African descent. The Fellow will focus on working with and supporting a civil society coalition to enhance accountability at the UN for systemic racism and police violence against Africans and people of African Descent.
Deadline for applications: 25 September 2022 – Apply here.
Fellowship – New York
ISHR seeks to host a postgraduate Fellow to support our work in New York. Applicants should be fully funded through a university-funded or external fellowship for the entire duration of their fellowship.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis: Apply here.
At ISHR, we are looking for:
- People who are inspired by and demonstrate their commitment to human rights and social change by their actions and professional and personal engagements
- People who lead by examples
- People who demonstrate integrity, respect and being collaborative
- People who are entrepreneurial and don’t hesitate to take actions to have a positive impact
- People who work in a flexible and yet strategic way
- People who want to help to shape our organisation
Some of ISHR benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangements: part-time work, working from home, flexible working hours
- Paid sick leave
- 25 annual leave days
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- 11 bank holidays
- Professional development opportunities