To attend this online event, please register here.
It is intended to give candidates an opportunity to present their visions for Council membership and to respond to questions from a range of stakeholders on how they propose to realise the pledges and commitments they may have made in seeking election.
State representatives, civil society, national human rights institutions (NHRIs) and other key stakeholders are invited to participate actively in the event and pose questions to candidate States.
This year 18 States are running for 18 seats:
- Africa Group: Cameroon, Eritrea, Gambia, Benin, Somalia (5 candidates for 5 seats: closed slate)
- Asia and the Pacific Group: Qatar, UAE, Kazakhstan, India, Malaysia, (5 candidates for 5 seats: closed slate)
- Latin America and the Caribbean Group: Argentina, Paraguay and Honduras (3 candidates for 3 seats: closed slate)
- Western Europe and Others Group: Luxembourg, Finland, USA (3 candidates for 3 seats: closed slate)
- Central and Eastern Europe Group: Lithuania and Montenegro (2 candidates for 2 seats: closed slate)
The list of candidate States who will participate in the event will be available in due time.
ISHR's YouTube Live stream:
Wednesday 8 September 2021
9:00 am - 11:30 am (New York time)
15:00 - 17:30 (Geneva time)
Have a question? Follow the event and submit questions to candidates via Twitter: @ISHRglobal #HRCelections2021