This event, co-organised by UNARC, the UN Antiracism Coalition, ISHR, Aquarius Supervivientes, Dont hit a la negrx collective, Refugees in Libya, Race and Equality, Temblores, Transitional Justice Institute, Law School, University of Ulster, and Equipo de Implementation del Decenio Afrodescendiete en España, will explore the following questions:
How do migration experiences shift based on identity and other intersectionalities?
What role does Europe play in the decision of some African citizens to emigrate?
What can be done at the international level to address inherent human rights concerns? What are the perspective and role of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and the newly established UN Expert Mechanism to Advance Racial Justice and Equality in Law Enforcement (EMLER)?
- Iki Yos, Caribbean, Afrodiasporic-transborder artist, performer, and anti-racist activist
- Moses Von Kallon, President of Aquarius Survivors
- David Yambio, community advocate and spokesperson at the NGO Refugees in Libya
- EMLER expert Dr. Tracie Keesee
- Abdoul Thioye, Chief of the Rule of Law, Equality and Non-Discrimination Branch, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights